Sunday, May 23, 2010

1st Mother's Day - May 9, 2010






Well...we have been busy around here and I haven't had a chance to write lately...so now I have to catch up on the past 2 weeks.

We celebrated my first Mother's Day on May 9, 2010.  Jay had been askng me what I wanted and kept saying he had to go get something, all the way up until the day before Mother's Day.  I knew that meant he had something already picked out!! 

Sunday morning, I got up when I heard Livy crying.  When I went into her room, I gave her her paci and then headed to the bathroom.  I saw something in her crib as I was leaving and was going to come right back and see what it was.  As I was coming out of the restroom, I saw Jay running from Livy's room into our bedroom.  I went back into Livy's room and found a card and a jewelry box!!  It was closer to Livy now!! Livy had gotten me a beautiful necklace with her birthstone in it!!  It was gorgeous!!  I was so shocked too that she went to the store by herself and picked it out!!  She was super smart to leave it in her crib where I would see it first thing in the morning!!  :)  Livy (and her special helper) did a great job!!!

After breakfast, we all headed to K-town to have Mother's Day dinner with my family at my MawMaw's house.  It is always fun to spend time with the family!!  After lunch, we went to Memorial Gardens to have some special Mother's Day pictures made!!  I love getting pictures made with my baby girl!!  She is just so beautiful!! 

Later, we went to Bass Pro for a little bit of "looking" and not buying!!  This was Jay's thank you present for taking so many pictures!!  Then we had dinner at Outback with Aunt Darla and headed home.  It was a great day!!! 


Livy in her crib, ready to give me my gift!!
Livy picked out a beautiful necklace!!

Maw Hazel and Livy...neither like to be quiet!!!
Maw, Darla, Livy, and me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olivia is here!!!

Olivia was born on January 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm. She was 7lbs 9 oz and 21.5 inches long!! We are so happy to finally have her here with us!!

Olivia's Journey