Livy took a nice long nap...which was awesome bc I was exhausted from our potty training, morning episode. It didn't hurt that it was raining and dark outside.
So, about 4 she was back up and ready to go. We tried to potty as soon as she woke up but nothing. We grabbed snacks, drinks, and different toys and headed back downstairs. Well...my child can certainly hold her pee. It was like 5:00 and she hadn't done anything. I keep trying to get her to sit on the potty every 15 mins or so. Sometimes she will and sometimes she just yells "NO" at me. She will usually do it for a few seconds if I offer to read her a book!!!
Well...another 30 minutes goes by and I see her squatting. I run over to her and she has let a few drops go. I run her to the potty again...AND NO MORE PEE?????? REALLY??? I don't understand this at all. So she goes and plays some more. A few minutes later, she is squatting again. I am closer this time and see her letting a few drops go so I run her to the potty AGAIN!!! NO MORE PEE???? I am definitely getting a little frustrated by this time bc she has had a ton to drink and it has been 1.5 hours since she has peed. It is obvious she wants to pee but won't do it on the potty. WHY??? I am so confused. I am just praying Jay comes home soon bc I need a break!!!
Well...I trick her with a few snacks again and she sits on the potty a few minutes but again, nothing. I even put some goldfish in the potty and tell her she has to give the fish something to swim in...NOTHING!!!
By now, I needed to potty so we went upstairs. I put her in the bathtub while I went potty so if she did pee, it would be easy to clean. At this point, she had a bottle of gummy vitamins and a box of chalk that she had been playing with. She kept putting them on the one edge of the tub...then the other. Then it was time for mommy to get in the tub too. Yes, I sat in the tub with my child. Let me tell you, it was a lot easier to watch her while she is sitting in the tub than chasing her all over the basement. I finally got a rest!!! Of course, we did have to sit on the potty a few times even though my sweet darling child didn't want to...My ears are still ringing with "NOOOOOOOO"!!!!
So, we actually stayed in the bathroom about 45 minutes playing in the tub. AND STILL NO PEE!!! How is she holding this in?
It is about 6:15 by this point and no Jay!!! We went back downstairs for a few more minutes but nothing was happening so I said forget it. We headed back upstairs. I tried using the baby gate to keep Livy in the kitchen but it wasn't long enough. So...I was trying to cook and keep a close eye on her bc I knew she had to be bursting to pee. And, to top it off, she kept saying poop. I definitely didn't want to clean that off my carpet. Livy and I both were tired and frustrated, to say the least, at this point and you could tell it. She was fussy as could be and was having nothing to do with the potty.
We ate dinner, and I gave her a bath. Then we read some books and it was time for bed!!! Whew!!!!
I am betting that diaper will be FULL and running over in the morning. We are going to try again tomorrow bc I have read about so many people who had the same experience I did. I will not give up...not yet anyway!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment