Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Potty Training...Day 1...Morning Episode

Well...I tried potty training Livy and month or 2 ago and only did it for like an hour before quitting.  I think I gave up so quick because we have carpet all over our house and I was so worried about her peeing on the floor.

But I decided to try again this week and today was the first day (9/14/11).  I got smart this time and decided to try it out in the basement at first since there is no carpet down there!!

Livy woke up about 8:30 today.  We gathered a bunch of toys, snacks, books, and the potty and headed downstairs.  We sat on the potty first thing to see if she had to go.  She didn't.  So...she ate some breakfast and played around.  I was watching her, waiting for her to just start peeing somewhere.  Well...she did start peeing and I rushed her over to the potty.  Of course she didn't have to go anymore.  (Floor 1, Potty 0)

I thought I might have a small window of free time to run upstairs and get some cereal.  Well...when I got back downstairs, I found a huge puddle!!  She had decided to let the rest of it go on the floor instead of the potty!! (Floor 2, Potty 0)

Well...we played some more.  I kept trying to get her to sit on the potty but she kept telling me "NO".  I was thinking this definitely wasn't going to work bc now that she is having to sit on the potty, she can't stand it!!  Oh great!!  But, we kept playing and playing...like 30 minutes and no peeing.  So...I got her to sit on the potty for like 5 seconds by giving her some goldfish...but she is smart.  As soon as I give her the fish, she gets off!!  This time, she went behind a few items in the basement.  I was watching her like a hawk this time...because I knew she had to be getting ready to pee.  Well...she started to pee in her corner.  I grabbed her up as soon as I could and ran her back to the potty.  And no more pee!!!  WHAT!!!  How can she start peeing, stop when I grab her, and then just hold it in???  That is pretty amazing in my opinion.  (Floor 3, Potty 0)

So...I tried tricking her a bit.  I set her up a little desk with her computer, phone, snacks, and juice right in front of the potty.  She thought this was cool and decided to sit on the potty while she played with her toys and ate.  This was great!!  She was actually sitting here for like 5 minutes playing and eating.  Then she ran out of drink.  I wanted to make sure she kept drinking so she would need to potty so I told her to stay on the potty and I would get her some more juice.

I am upstairs getting her drink when I hear the princess potty sound go off.  Now, I got a little excited but not too excited bc we have a haunted potty that sometimes just goes of on its on!!  And, the morning hadn't gone very good so I didn't have high expectations for this.  Just to be on the safe side, I grabbed a cookie and ran downstairs.  I could hear Livy playing with one of the pipes downstairs so I was thinking it was a false alarm...BUT when I got downstairs...I saw pee on the floor in front of the potty...AND THERE WAS A LOT OF PEE IN THE POTTY TOO!!!!  She did it!!!  She actually went pee pee in the potty!!! (Half of it went on the floor bc she doesn't sit all the way back on her potty yet).   I was so excited!!  We started dancing all around singing "Potty like a rock star!!"  She was smiling and so excited to get her cookie too!!!  We took the pee pee upstairs to flush it and wash our hands!!  (Floor 3, Potty 1!!!!!)

Well...we played a little more downstairs and then came back up for lunch.  Livy was playing in the kitchen in case anything happened...and it did.  She peed on the floor. (Floor 4, Potty 1)  But that is ok bc we peed in the potty once and we will do it again!!!

Livy is down for her nap now...I hope we can potty in the potty at least 1 more time this afternoon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olivia is here!!!

Olivia was born on January 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm. She was 7lbs 9 oz and 21.5 inches long!! We are so happy to finally have her here with us!!

Olivia's Journey