Saturday, March 10, 2012

Baby B's first doctor's appointment

Feb 1st we had our first doctor's appointment for Baby B. A friend from my women's organization here suggested a doctor...so Wednesday, Livy and I went to see her. Unfortunately, Jay couldn't get off for this appointment.

The doctor's office is awesome. They must have a lot of patients that have children bc they have a huge toy room!!! We first went in for the ultrasound. Livy stood on a chair beside me eating her rice cakes while we looked for pictures of the new baby!! I did get to videotape the ultrasound for Jay. The ultrasound tech was new and spent a lot more time looking at all the parts of the body rather than listening to the baby a lot...but that was ok. I am glad she was checking everything out to make sure it was all ok. I just wanted to see and hear the baby to make sure he/she was ok!!! And we got to do that. We got 2 cute pictures too!! The baby had a heartbeat of about 154. As of this appointment, they are saying we are 7 weeks, 4 days along in the pregnancy. Our due date is Sept 15th.

We met with Dr. H after the ultrasound. She was awesome!! She was very personable and interested in getting to know me and Livy. She was very thorough too and made sure all my questions were answered. I think we are really going to enjoy having her as our doctor!!!

We go back in 5 weeks. They will do the genetic screening at the next visit...or part of it anyway.

As I said, the projected due date is Sept 15th but Dr. H said they would probably take him/her about a week early so that I don't go into labor early.

So, everything seems to be doing well for now!!! The doctor said there is a 3% chance of a miscarriage after seeing the baby and hearing the heartbeat...so that is very good news!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Olivia is here!!!

Olivia was born on January 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm. She was 7lbs 9 oz and 21.5 inches long!! We are so happy to finally have her here with us!!

Olivia's Journey