The first half of your 3rd year has brought so many wonderful things!!! You try really, really hard to be a great big sister!!! You sing to Caroline when she is crying. You watch her when mommy is cooking or taking a shower. You love to be the first one to greet her when she wakes up in the morning or from her nap. You hug her all the time...ALL the time!!! You like to feed her and play with her in the bathtub!! You try really hard to make her happy...and I love how much you love her!!
You are also becoming very independent!! You are now able to put on your princess dress by yourself...and are working on putting on your clothes by yourself too!! You can wash your hands by yourself now too!! You were so excited when you could turn the water on and off without help!! You learned how to ride a bike, with training wheels, now too!!! This is mostly due to your school having bikes for you to practice on...but you learned how to do it by yourself!! You were so excited about this major accomplishment, and we were so proud of you!!! You also learned how to stop, using your brakes!!! You stopped wearing Pull-Ups to bed too...and are doing great sleeping through the night without having accidents. You even wake yourself up sometimes at night to go potty, and then go right back to sleep!!
You had some big FIRSTS this 6 months too...you performed for the first time on stage!!! You did this at your school with your class sharing day. You sang a few songs in front of a big room of moms and dads without any problems!!! You were amazing!! You also started dance this past 6 months...and participated in your first recital on a big stage. And you rocked it!!! I was soooo proud of how much you danced and how well you followed directions during the entire recital!!! You are my sweet ballerina!!
You have joined the "why" phase!!! You ask "why" about EVERYTHING!!! You also have continued in your sticker phase...where you like to use stickers all the time. They entertain you for hours!!
You have also learned to count to 29...most of the time!!! You can recognize many of the numbers between 1-10 now also!! And, you have learned 11 letters!!! This is a big deal bc you have not been interested in learning any of this information until now...and I still have to push a little to get you to do it!!! I actually bribe you with fruit snacks and marshmallows, but you do it!!! We are working on writing your name too!! We are hoping to learn all your letters and be able to write your name by the time you start school again in August!!!
Olivia Darlene Barnwell...I love you more than you will ever know...BUT, you literally drive me crazy every single day!!! Your 3rd year has been a blessing and a challenge. I love how independent and verbal you are...but I also can't stand how you try to do things on your own (without asking) and say things that are rude!!! You can be the sweetest little girl in the entire world, but you know how to use that cute smile and sweetness to manipulate people into getting what you want!!! You are too smart for your own good!!! You got your mommy and daddy's strong will and stubbornness, which is probably why we seem to battle a lot!!! You know what you want and you won't stop until you get it...I mean, YOU WON'T STOP!!!! I refer to your 3rd year as the "Year of Whine" because you seem to do that 90% of the day!!! We are working really hard on following directions and listening because you know if you don't, mommy takes something away...and that usually leads to more whining!!! We are also SLOWLY learning that throwing a fit does not, I repeat DOES NOT, get you what you want!!!
Overall, you are an amazingly sweet and loving little girl!!! I love that you want to cuddle with me every night!!! I love that you give double kisses...one on each cheek!!! I love that you always want to help me, unless it is cleaning up!!! I love that you ask to take a shower every morning and night!! I love you even when you are screaming and fussing!!! I will always love you...no matter what!!! Thank you for being my Munkin...no, my Olivia bc you tell me you are not a Munkin, you are just Olivia!!!! :)
You are truly one in a million, and I am so thankful to be your mommy!! Happy Half Birthday sweetheart!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment