Thursday, August 26, 2010

New Taste Buds!!

I am trying to get Livy to eat more of a variety of foods with some TASTE to them!!  She eats the usual fruits and veggies but they are boring.  I am hoping she will be eating more "meal" type foods by 9 months so I started last night!!

I put a pot roast in the crock pot yesterday morning and let it cook all day.  It was ready at 6:30 so I took some of the meat, potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery and put it all in the food processor with some of the juices and water.  Once it was as pureed as I could get it, I fed it to Livy.  At first she made a funny face.  I don't think it was because she didn't like it, I think it was because it was a different texture.  She makes the same face when I feed her chicken...meats don't puree as smoothly as fruits and vegetables do.  Well...after she got over the initial texture problem, she opened her mouth for more!!  She ate about 1 big spoonful of it.  I didn't want to feed her too much in case the spices bothered her.

She had it again for lunch today and seemed to really  like it!!  So...one more food tried and enjoyed!!

Here is our pot roast song!!!

I LOVE POT ROAST
YES I DO
CARROTS, ONIONS, AND
POTATOES TOO!!!
(and celery!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olivia is here!!!

Olivia was born on January 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm. She was 7lbs 9 oz and 21.5 inches long!! We are so happy to finally have her here with us!!

Olivia's Journey