Sunday, July 10, 2011

To potty train or not to potty train...that is the question!!!

So...We have been contemplating the potty training thing for a while.  Livy already tells me before or after she poops and she loves her little princess potty she got from Ellery!!!  I had been reading that these were signs that she might be ready to potty train...so, this week we bought some fairy underwear and some waterproof panties for when accidents would happen.  Well...we decided to start trying Saturday (7/9/11)...her 18 month birthday. 

So...Saturday comes.  Livy gets up first thing and we change her out of her diaper and put on her on the potty...she doesn't potty...then put on her underwear.  We set the timer for 10 minutes so that we can try and go back frequently before accidents happen. 

Well..everyone is playing and fine.  The timer goes off, we go sit on the potty...nothing happens.  We set the timer for 10 more minutes.  We went back to the potty...nothing happens.  So we set the timer for 10 more minutes.  This time, Livy was sitting on the potty while I went to get a book, but when I came back into the bathroom, she was standing up...then she started to pee on the floor.  Well, I grabbed her and immediately sat her on the potty.  Her little music went off bc she finally pottied in the potty!!!!  We cheered and were so excited!!!  She helped me flush the pee and clean the potty and floor. Then I put her in the bathtub bc she had gotten pee on her legs. 

So we got out of the tub and started again.  We set the timer for 10 minutes again.  We were in the middle of cooking breakfast.  The timer went off again and so I told Olivia that we needed to go potty one more time before we ate.  Well...as I was carrying her to the potty, I could feel her peeing through her underwear, plastic underwear, and onto me.  Uhhhhhh....no fun at all!!!! 

Well...we decided to wait another month or so before continuing with the potty training efforts!!!  We have made some progress I believe but are not quite ready...so we will try again in a month or so!!!

1 comment:

  1. When I started potty training I just left the child in a diaper. They can usually take it off their self and you can put it back on. It saves you from washing panties every day and cleaning up messes!

    ReplyDelete

Olivia is here!!!

Olivia was born on January 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm. She was 7lbs 9 oz and 21.5 inches long!! We are so happy to finally have her here with us!!

Olivia's Journey