Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday Olivia!!!!

1/9/13

Say it isn't so...Olivia is now 3 years old!!!!  Oh my gosh...really??  What happened to my baby girl?  She has grown into a sweet, smart, lovable, sassy, funny, independent, temperamental 3 year old...and she is FABULOUS!!!  We are finally out of the terrible twos, but I think we are about to enter an entirely new adventure!!

Here are a few highlights of her last months as a 2 year old...
*  The biggest thing that happened while Olivia was 2 - She became a big sister!!!  She is doing great at helping take care of Caroline and helping out mommy and daddy...most of the time!!
*  She is pretty much completely potty trained...day and night!!!!  I can't remember the last time she woke up with a wet pull up.  She wakes herself up in the middle of the night and yells, "I gotta go potty, I gotta go potty" until someone comes and takes her to the bathroom!!!
*  Livy had her first real injury in November...she broke her leg at the playground.  Hoping she never has another broken leg or bone!!! (Nov. 10, 2012)...got her cast off on Dec. 12, 2012
*  Olivia began to write more.  She loves to draw and scribble.  She started writing the letter O in November!!! (Nov. 28, 2012)
*  Olivia has some pretty cute sayings these days...
          * When you tell her something she doesn't like, she says, "I don't think so."
          * When you ask her why she did something she wasn't supposed to, she says, "cause I want to."
          * She is great at reciting stuff she hears, mostly on TV. Lots of times she recites it wrong.  One of her  
                    shows said something about "Oh chicken fingers" but she says "Oh chicken freezers"!!!
          * She also loves to say "What's the big idea" anytime, even when it doesn't make sense!!
          * At dinner, she always asks us, "Is it good or delicious?"
          * And now she has decided that I am no longer mommy or momma...Most of the time I am referred
                    to as mom.  I don't like that one!!!
*  Olivia LOVES princess and dress up clothes now.  I mean, she LOVES them!!!!  She wears one pretty much all of the time now!!!
*  She loves singing and dancing now too!!!  You might not be able to understand all the words of the song, but she belts it out to the top of her lungs!!!
*  Her favorite shows now are Sofia the First - a cute little princess show, Mickey Mouse, Doc McStuffins, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  She is starting to like Little Einsteins now too.
*  She is def more picky with foods these days.  She loves apples, fries, mac-n-cheese, cheesy chips, peanuts, and cereal bars.  She isn't into vegetables these days.
*  She has gotten soooooo much better at driving her jeep!!!  YAY!!!
*  Olivia loves stickers, painting, markers, and most arts and crafts these days!!
*  She can count to 20 most days...but sometimes you get random numbers. It just depends on whether or not she wants to do it!!
*  She can name all her shapes now...circle, square, triangle, rectangle, heart, and star!!!
*  She loves putting on her make-up now too!!!  Such a girly girl!!
*  She is a mess at bedtime still.  She screams almost every time when I put her to bed but usually stops right after.
*  She has been screaming at school when I drop her off too.  This is due to so many changes in her life the last few months.  But...she is slowly stopping this...thank goodness!!
*  She screams all the time...and gets in trouble for it too!!!!!!!
*  She laughs at her TV shows now.  It is sooooo funny!!!  She is good at retelling the stories too.  You can hear her in her room at night reciting what she watched during the day.
*  She is OBSESSED with word books...you know, the books where you just name the items.  She makes me read the same one or two books every night.  I had to make a rule that we can only read 1 of them and then we have to read a book with an actual story!!!

It has been a blast these past 3 years!!!  Olivia is truly one of a kind!!  She keeps us on our toes, and we love every minute of it!!!  I am so grateful God gave me the opportunity to be Olivia's mom!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Olivia is here!!!

Olivia was born on January 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm. She was 7lbs 9 oz and 21.5 inches long!! We are so happy to finally have her here with us!!

Olivia's Journey