Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Welcome to Week 18!!!

All you people who said this would fly by told me a story...It is creeping by. We still have 22 weeks to go (Hopefully just 20 :P). I am ready to see our baby!!!

Anyways....we are at Week 18. Here is what should be going on this week:
The baby is about the length of a bell pepper this week. The ears are in the correct position now and you can see the blood vessels through the thin skin. If we are having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place (that is crazy to think about). If we are having a boy, his genitals are now noticeable...but he may hide them in an ultrasound (hopefully not though!!). The baby is moving and flexing more.

I am not sure if I really felt the baby on Saturday. I thought that is what it was but have not felt it again...so maybe I was wrong. Hopefully I will be able to tell if it was or was not soon. The baby seems to be either moving up or stretching out now bc my ribs are starting to poke out and hurt more.

Next Tuesday is our next ultrasound. HOPEFULLY our little bundle of joy will participate bc I really really really really really really want to know what we are having. I am excited for either!! I would love a girl bc I want to name her after my mom, but I would also love a boy bc it would be the 4th James Barnwell in the family and that is exciting (even though we would call him Hunter). Either way, we just want a healthy, happy baby. I just want to know!!!

None of my parents have asked me anything about this large growth on my belly. They don't really come in a lot, which is nice. I have our first conferences Sept. 8th and 9th. I might just go ahead and tell them or not. Haven't decided yet.

I am definitely feeling better in the mornings...only throw up once or twice a week now (YEAH!!). I feel really weird though most of the time. Things hurt that I never thought could!! You read all about pregnancy and what will happen, but you are still not prepared for how your body will change. It is a very strange (but happy) feeling!!

Ok...that is all for now...until next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olivia is here!!!

Olivia was born on January 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm. She was 7lbs 9 oz and 21.5 inches long!! We are so happy to finally have her here with us!!

Olivia's Journey