Well people...I did it!! I left Olivia with someone and not me!!!! Yesterday I went to my friend Stacey's to visit. Her parents had come down from New York. They were the kind people who let us stay for free when we took our trip to New York last September. They had the pleasure of seeing me pregnant :) and wanted to see what the result was!!! So....we had a nice visit. Then, I told them I had to run to the library and pick up some books for my class. Stacey was going to take them to school for me. Stacey said I should just leave Olivia and run get the books. Well...this did make sense. The library was right down the road and the books were already pulled. So...I left my child in the capable hands of Mrs. Stacey Waltzer Orientlicher :) (love you Stacey!!) and ran down to the library. I was thinking about my baby the entire time like a crazy mother!!! So...for 10 minutes I left her with another person!!! Yeah!!! I can do it. It will be a while before I do it again :) but it was a good experience. Maybe next time I will leave her for 20 minutes!!! I have several offers for free babysitting!!! I hope this continues when she is walking and getting into everything!!!!
Thanks Stacey for helping me get over my first mommy hurdle!!!



People offer all the time when the are little and you don't mind taking them everywhere but those offers have slowed down!!
ReplyDelete