Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Olivia!!!!

It's official...We now have a 2 year old!!!  We just celebrated Olivia's 2nd birthday on January 9, 2012!!!  What a fantastic 2 years it has been!!  There has been some rough times, but there have been so so so so many wonderful memories we have made!!  I can't imagine my life without my sweet baby girl.  She is my everything!!!  It is hard to imagine loving someone so much, but it happens with your kids!!

Here are a few highlights of her last month as a 1 year old...
*  She still talks up a storm.  She talks ALL the time!!!  We are understanding more and more of what she is saying too!!  And, she mimics everything we say so we have to be very careful!!
*  She is really good at using her manners.  Most of the time when she wants something she will say "please" and "thank you".  She also says "bless you" if someone sneezes.  She says "Amen" at the end of the blessing.  She is quite the polite little lady!!
*  Livy moved from her high chair into her booster seat this month!!!  She can now put her plate on the table like a big girl!!  She does awesome with her spoon and fork, unless it is something hard to keep on it like rice!!!
*  She is a huge helper!!  I can ask her to go get her brown shoes, and she does!!!  She can do the same for certain books, her cups, coat, hairbows, or even mommy's shoes!!  She is also starting to be helpful with putting her toys away, but this needs more work!!  
*  She is a little mommy!!!!  She LOVES babies so much...real and pretend!!!  She is great at holding them gently now and rocking them.  She has to sleep with like 5 of them now.  She tries to feed them and push then in her strollers.  Very cute!!
*  She is counting more.  She is inconsistent still with this.  One day she can count to 6, the next day 13, then the next she skips half the numbers...but she is getting there!!!
*  She is starting to learn shapes too.  She can definitely tell you circle and is working on heart and square.  
*  She learned to jump with both feet off the floor this month!!!!  She thought that was the coolest thing!!
*  She had her first Christmas in Kentucky!!
*  She is VERY independent. This is good and bad.  When we are in a hurry and she wants to put on her shoes by herself...this is not a good thing!!!  She can do it, it just takes a while.  But, I love that she likes to try new things and accomplish new goals!!
*  She LOVES playing in her clothes drawers.  I can go in her room after not seeing her a few minutes and she has her shirts and pants scattered around the room.  
*  She enjoys the jeep she got for Christmas; however, she is the absolute worst driver ever!!  She will push the pedal and then turn around while it is still going!!!  I think she has ran over my feet about 10 times!!
*  She isn't as good an eater anymore...she is definitely more picky.  I am hoping that will change in the next few months!!
*  I absolutely love that she covers her mouth when she coughs!!!  So sweet!!
*  I also love how she says "eh-shoes-me" when she toots or someone is in her way!!!  Just adore her little voice!!

I think those are major things this past month.  If I think of more, I will add them to the list.

These have definitely been the most amazing and entertaining 2 years of my life!!!  I am so proud of our Olivia!!  She has become such a smart, funny, sweet, loving, caring, and stubborn little girl.  I am so thankful for a hardworking husband and father that provides for us so that I can spend each day with my precious baby girl. Spending these past 2 years with Olivia has been the best times of my life!!  I am so blessed to call you my daughter, my Livy Loo, my moo moo, my angel, my monkey, and trouble...and Daddy's Doodle.  We love you more than you will ever know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olivia is here!!!

Olivia was born on January 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm. She was 7lbs 9 oz and 21.5 inches long!! We are so happy to finally have her here with us!!

Olivia's Journey