Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Livy's 1st Day of Preschool

Well...the day finally came. August 21, 2012...Livy's first day of preschool in her 2 year old class. It was soooooo hard getting her up, dressed, and fed by 8:40. I had to wake her up that morning too!!

We finally got to the school. She wanted to hold my hand walking in the building. When we got to the stairs to go down, she decided she had a problem with that. I had to carry her down the stairs. Then we tried walking together again. Once we got about 10 feet away from her class, she was starting to get a little hysterical. She was saying she didn't want to go in and was starting to fight me. I finally got her to the door and pushed her through it. (The teachers said to make sure they walk through the door...do not carry them!!) So, we got to her cubby and hung up her bag. By this point she had started crying and yelling no. Miss Susan came and got her and was talking to her. I knew she was in hand so I left before I made it worse!! I started to tear up as I walked away. I had to stop in the restroom to compose myself.

When I went to pick her up, I stood outside her room a few minutes. I could see her sitting on the carpet looking at her teacher. Then she stood up when it was her time to get a stamp. Finally, they opened the doors and we could come in. I got the biggest smile as I walked in the door and a huge hug!! I was so glad to see her, and I could def tell she was glad to see me too!! She was ready to go and trying to run out of the door!!! I got her a ring pop as her special treat for going to school!! She was pretty pleased with that!!

I am so glad we got past this hurdle. Hoping each day gets easier and easier!! I want her to love going to school!! So...we will see how the rest of the year goes!!

Taking her picture for her 1st day of school!!

On our way to school

She seems a bit nervous for sure

After class...gotta get more water!!

And...super happy she got a ring pop!!!
This is the art project Livy did her 1st day at school!!

The cute sign I made about her starting school!!


We painted Livy's finger and toenails before her first day of school too...then she had to paint my fingernails as well!!  She did a GREAT job!!  Check it out...heheh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olivia is here!!!

Olivia was born on January 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm. She was 7lbs 9 oz and 21.5 inches long!! We are so happy to finally have her here with us!!

Olivia's Journey