Sunday, September 20, 2009

Olivia's Room - Part 1

Well...this is the first time I have set down all day long. I am exhausted. Got up about 9am...I did watch a 30 minute cartoon!! Then I ate some cereal. After that...I got right to work on combining 2 rooms into 1. I started by getting Jay to help me go through his clothes. He threw out a lot. I got all his clothes and shoes finally moved into the big closet in our bedroom. Then he went through the rest of the things in his old closet. We got rid of a lot of stuff. So the closet in Olivia's room was cleaned out. I went ahead and moved her clothes and gifts into her closet so it would be out of the office/guest room. Then I started in the office, throwing away junk and cleaning out the closet so that we could cram it full again!! I spent hours in there today. Finally, we got the desk moved from one side of the room to the other and got the bed moved into there. After doing all of this, we realize that this is a lot of furniture for a very small room. We are contemplating getting rid of the desk bc we never use it. So...that may be helpful or we will just have a really full room!!! But Olivia's room is left with a treadmill, TV, fishing equipment, and a few other odds and ends. Tomorrow, I am going to work on putting things where they belong in the office, trying to find a place to put the treadmill, cleaning out the closet behind the front door to put the golf clubs, and just straightening up. Hopefully Tuesday will be when I get Olivia's room cleaned and taped off for painting...We might actually get to painting this week. Jay said I could wait and he would help when he got home!!! So...we have a fun project. Stay tuned to see what gets done tomorrow!! I might just be too tired and want to sleep all day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olivia is here!!!

Olivia was born on January 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm. She was 7lbs 9 oz and 21.5 inches long!! We are so happy to finally have her here with us!!

Olivia's Journey