Friday, June 11, 2010

Saying Goodbye to my Students

So, Monday (June 7th), I went to school to say goodbye to my kindergarten babies.  The teacher who took over for me and I planned a little awards program for the kids.  I have done this each year with my students.  It is a fun little way for them to each get an award based on something special about them and for their parents to get to come in and celebrate this great accomplishment.  We don't do kindergarten graduations bc not all the kids go on to first grade, so this is a cute little way to end the year. 

The kids were very excited to see me and Olivia!!  Mrs. Cockerill was still getting ready so I picked the kids up from PE with Olivia.  We headed back to the classroom. There were already a ton of parents in the room.  The kids went to the front of the room.  They started off by saying an ABC poem.  Then we handed out their awards.  They finished the program by singing a song about going to first grade!!  It was a lot of fun!!  Mrs. Cockerill and I both had a chance to thank the parents for being so supportive this year with all the changes.  Then the kids enjoyed a healthy snack of cupcakes and ice cream...hehe!!  It was a lot of fun!! 

I will definitely miss teaching, my babies, some of the parents, and my coworkers.  But...it is all worth it to stay home with my own baby girl!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olivia is here!!!

Olivia was born on January 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm. She was 7lbs 9 oz and 21.5 inches long!! We are so happy to finally have her here with us!!

Olivia's Journey