Well...the first night in the hospital went well. Jay couldn't stay, but the nurses were all very helpful. I had to send Caroline to the nursery since I wasn't able to get her out of her bed by myself. They brought her back when she was hungry. I didn't sleep well that night for some reason...even though I was exhausted and had had about 5 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours!! Caroline was doing well. I even had to call down to the nursery once to see if she was ready to eat bc it had been over 5 hours. But they said that was just the "sleepy baby" stage that happens the first day.
I was definitely ready to get out of the bed by this morning. I had asked the nurses to help me. I was up and out of the bed by 5am!! By about 8am, I was up, walking all around the room!! The place was a mess, and I needed things straightened up!!! Plus, I remember the agonizing pain of getting out of the bed for the first time after having Olivia. I didn't want to be in the bed too long and have to go through that awful pain again. I figured if I went ahead and got up and moving, it wouldn't be so bad...and I was right!!!
I ordered a yummy breakfast that morning!!! I was starving at this point!! The breakfast was ok...omelet, biscuit, fruit, and juice.
Olivia had preschool this day (9/11). Daddy was in charge of getting her ready and to school. I had laid out her clothes and had everything ready for them. However, things with Olivia's hair did not go well!!! Jay will say the same thing. He said he worked on her ponytail for about 30 minutes and it still looked awful!! He was so upset.
While Olivia was at school, he went home, took a shower and ate some breakfast. Then he came up to the hospital. While he was there, I got a shower!!! That was awesome!! I also got Caroline all dressed up in a cute outfit too!! I love dressing up my girls!!
Shortly thereafter, he went to pick up Olivia from school. When he got her, he realized her hair was different. The teachers must have fixed it!!! He was so embarrassed that his hair-do was so bad!! Luckily, the teachers helped make her presentable again!! Jay and Olivia went home to eat lunch and nap while Caroline and I napped and had lunch at the hospital. The hospital food was surprisingly good. I had a turkey sandwich for lunch both days!!! I craved turkey so much during my pregnancy, and that is all I wanted afterwards!!! And it was sooooooooooooooooo delicious!!!!
Jay and Olivia came up later to visit. We hung out and watched Mickey. Olivia and I shared some cheesecake!! We made it through a few hours before Olivia was finished with listening. She was all over the place. This was also the night she was getting up and down on the bed and fell on my stomach. OMG...the worst pain ever. I couldn't hold back the tears. I know she didn't mean to hurt me, but it hurt soooo bad. At that point, Jay took her home. I spent the rest of the night on the phone and watching TV...trying to recover from the pain. I survived it!!
My yummy breakfast!!
Sweet Caroline
More sisterly love
cheese!!
We got a yummy Edible Arrangement from The Lockhart's!!



No comments:
Post a Comment