Thursday, January 14, 2010

Events leading up to Olivia's birth!!! WARNING - EXPLICIT CONTENT!!!

EXPLICIT CONTENT IN THIS POST...ONLY READ IF YOU ARE NOT SQUEEMISH!!

So...Wednesday some weird things were happening.  Different things were coming out of different places that I hadn't experienced before.  It seems my mucus plug (sorry for being so descriptive) came out while I was at school...when I went to the bathroom one time.  I was also starting to feel a little different.  Olivia seemed to be pushing down just a bit more than usual.  I had read about the mucus plug and that sometimes, labor will come 24 hours after it or several days.  The books can't really help too much bc it seems every birthing experience is different.  :)

Then...Thursday I was still feeling different throughout the day.  Still had part of the mucus plug coming when I went to the bathroom.  I started to see a little bit of  blood but knew some was natural also.  So...I went about my day as usual.  I even went and had McDonald's with my good friend Stacey.  Then she and I went to a fun scrapbooking party with Mandy, Angelique, Kristin, Katie, and Tania!!!  I wasn't scrapbook...just enjoyed the company bc Jay was gone.  OH YEA, DID I MENTION JAY LEFT FOR MICHIGAN THIS MORNING AT LIKE 6 AM!!!  So, we had a lot of fun, and I ended up leaving early bc I was tired from getting up to take him to the airport.  When I got home, I had to go to the bathroom (of course) and found more blood than had previously been there.  I was a little rattled myself now.  I called Jay (my personal doctor), and he tells me to go to the ER.  Well...it was like 9 at night and I didn't want to go to the doctor by myself...plus it wasn't that much blood.  So, I got out a few baby books and read online if this was normal.  It seemed it might be, and, since I wasn't in any pain, I told Jay I would sleep on it tonight and call the doctor in the morning if it was still a problem.  (I would have called Thursday night but saw there was a $20 fee if it was not an emergency...so it must not have been that bad if I wasn't willing to pay $20!!).  I thought I was ok bc I wasn't in any pain.  So, I went to bed and slept fine...and we had a 2 hr delay for school in the morning...which was fantastic!!!  So, when I got up in the morning and there was no snow, I called to see if I could come in to the doctor's office and get checked...just in case.  They said absolutely and worked me in as soon as I got there.  I just wanted everything checked out before I had to go the entire weekend being nervous. 

So...Friday morning I went to the doctor.  They said bleeding was normal since it wasn't in huge amounts.  She checked me and said I had dialated a little more...about 2 centimeters now...and that I was shedding something, which is what I was noticing when I went to the bathroom.  She said losing the mucus plug really doesn't mean anything like labor is coming.  So, she told me to be on the lookout for contractions and that I was fine!!  She was very nice and made me feel much better.  So, I left there and went to work.  I could tell things were still changing some though.  I had a lot of pressure up high in my tummy, but by the end of the day, the pressure had moved down to right under my belly.  I just figured Olivia was finally "dropping" since I don't think she had at that point.  So...I went about my day as usual and did pretty well.  Everyone at my school is so nice, coming to check to see if I need anything or checking to make sure I was ok!!  Most of them came in the morning bc they thought the doctor was going to keep me and we were going to have a baby sometime during the day.  But, everything worked out.  I talked to Jay about 4 and he was on his way to the airport to see if he could get an earlier flight out...which he did.  He will be coming in at 10 instead of 11!!!  I stopped and got Arby's for dinner bc I did not feel like cooking at all!!  Then I came home, ate dinner in bed, watched some Law and Order re-runs, and fell asleep!!

But...about 7:00 tonight, I was awaken by a sudden feeling that I had to pee.  So I slid to get out of the bed and before having water/pee or whatever it is coming out on the bed.  Luckily the bathroom is right across from the bed.  So I make it to the bathroom and notice that my pants and everything are soaked.  It doesn't look like pee.  I think my water just broke!!!  Again, first time going through this but I am pretty sure that is what is happening.  So, I clean up and go to look for some more underwear and pants...but, while I am walking to get new clothes, I am leaking some more.  So now, I am pretty sure that is what this is.  I sit on the potty a bit thinking all the fluid will leak out...about 10 minutes later I make it to the bed to grab my computer, thinking I will just sit on the bathroom floor for a while and wait this out.  Oh, I was wrong...still leaking.  So now, you are getting this post written to you while I am sitting on the potty!!!  I bet you all are excited about that arent you!!!  Everytime I try to get up, more leakage.  So, I figure...I am stuck :)  I have already changed clothes 3 times since 7:00 and it is only 7:40 now.  I will try again in a minute or 2!! 

Luckily...Jay should be on his way home right now!!!  We told Olivia she could come today as long as she waited on daddy to get back.  I don't think she will come today, but maybe tomorrow!!!  I am not submitting this blog post now because I don't want to get anyone excited yet...bc as of now, I am not feeling any contractions or anything else (except wet, hehe).  So...we will wait and see what happens.  I just wanted to write it all down before I forgot all the funny details.  I will continue to update the blog as more things occur!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olivia is here!!!

Olivia was born on January 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm. She was 7lbs 9 oz and 21.5 inches long!! We are so happy to finally have her here with us!!

Olivia's Journey