Tuesday, June 9, 2009

1st Ultrasound!! -- Thursday, June 4, 2009

Today was a big day. We had an OBGYN appointment. Jay even asked off work even though he got a lot of grief about it. We met at the doctor's office. Then we got to go back in the patient's room. Dr. Maddison came in to talk to us first. Jay finally got to meet her too. She is great!! Very personable and friendly. Dr. Maddison informed us about all the tests we could have done. Then it was time to get down to business...the ultrasound. When Dr. Maddison first started, her and Jay were looking at the monitor and I couldn't see it. It is a very tense moment bc there is always the chance that things have changed and the baby is not there. It seemed like an eternity. Jay and Dr. Maddison kept watching the monitor. I kept waiting for any facial expressions or any sounds to let me know they saw a baby. About 2 minutes later, Jay got the biggest smile on his face and he yelled out "There it is!" FINALLY!! I had a big sigh of relief. They finally turned the monitor my way so that I could see it too. It was very beautiful!! Dr. Maddison assured us there is only 1 baby in there :) She measured the baby. At this point I was 8 weeks and 2 days but our baby is measuring 9 weeks. We might have another Jacob!! I did ask if I was eating too much bc I have had lots of yummy cravings. She assured me I was not. We got to see the baby's heart beating but couldn't hear it. My agreement with Dr. Maddison is simple...any "internal" procedures that need to be done have to be done by her!! (I am very modest you know!!) So, Dr. Maddison had brought the ultrasound machine into one of the rooms for us. Next time, we should get to hear the heart beat!! Everything was great at this point. We are very happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olivia is here!!!

Olivia was born on January 9, 2010 at 5:24 pm. She was 7lbs 9 oz and 21.5 inches long!! We are so happy to finally have her here with us!!

Olivia's Journey