I am so excited to write this post. We had a SUPER AWESOME weekend with Nanny and Papaw. They were definitely glad to see us. We spent much of our time outside in the beautiful weather. Nanny and Papaw were in great spirits. They joked around with each other and were very playful. Saturday we told them we would take them out to lunch on Sunday. Nanny kept saying we can't go. We can't make it. But we assured her they could and it would be no problem. So we visited all day Saturday with them. When we went to lunch, we bought them some ice cream sundaes. When we got back, we asked Papaw if he wanted his. He said he might eat a bite or 2. Well...don't mess with Papaw and ice cream. He was not interested in sharing with us!! He ate it all and quick!!
At 4:00, Jay took Papaw downstairs to get his meds. Nanny stayed upstairs with me and Kelley (Jay's sister). We were thinking we would leave soon and head back to their house. About 4:15 Nanny asked what we were doing for dinner. Kelley and I were confused. We asked her what time she needed to go to the dining room for her dinner. She said 5:00 but she told them she wasn't coming...she was eating with us. So...real quick plans changed!! Jay brought Papaw back upstairs. Kelley, Nanny, and I went to get some dinner from Wendy's...they wanted something with lots of flavor!! We got the food and brought it back. When we returned, Papaw had fallen asleep in Nanny's recliner. Jay sat with him while we three ladies went to eat in the game room. Then we came back to the room. We woke up Papaw and he had dinner. He enjoyed his spicy chicken sandwich. Lots of flavor!! After dinner, we helped Papaw get back to his room and then headed back to their house for the night.
Sunday was a big day. We got to Baptist about 10:30. We said hello to Nanny and then Jay and I went to get Papaw and bring him up so we could go to lunch. When Jay and I walked in to his room (he had been staring at the door), he yelled out "HEY!!". He was definitely excited with a big smile on his face. We went over to say good morning and he immediately said, "Get me up!" He was ready to go. He sat up. Jay went and got a collapsable wheelchair and I helped him put his shoes on. Then we put his walker in front of him. He lifted himself out of the bed and walked to his wheelchair. We were just there to make sure he didn't fall. He did great. We got upstairs and went to the car. Again, he walked from his wheelchair to the car and got in very easily. We drove to the Cracker Barrel. We met Jay's cousin Jennifer and her two kids, Jackson and Abby, there. Nanny got shrimp for lunch...a big plate...and ate it all!! Papaw had some meatloaf, dumplings, steak, and ham. He and Jay also shared a salad...very cute!! Papaw ate off of his, Nanny's, and Jay's plates!! He was eating a little bit of everything from everyone!! Everyone enjoyed the visit!! When we got back, Nanny and Papaw were very tired and were going to take naps. We gave big hugs and told them we would come see them again soon. Getting out of Baptist did a world of good for both of them...and us too!! We had a GREAT GREAT GREAT visit!!
I am posting some pictures and a video if I can get it all to work. The video might be hard to hear, but it is very cute seeing Papaw and Nanny smiling and laughing!!!



It was in deed a wonderful weekend, and I hope we have many more. I think Nanny and Pap-paw are just as excited about this great-grandchild as they have been with the other three. I can't wait for them to get to meet this precious baby you are carrying.
ReplyDeleteI hope work is going well this week and you are not over doing it.
Take care and I love you guys!
Kelley